Peak's Island

Every summer, me and my Mimi and Poppy and cousins go to Maine. Last year, we made a list of everything we wanted to do for the time we were there. We were going to do one fun thing every day. Some of the things on list included, Fun Town USA, The Children's Museum, and Peak's Island.

I had never been to Peak's Island. You have to go on a ferry boat to get there. So one day, we picked Peak's Island for the day's adventure. We drove to the ferry and it took a long time to wait. Finally, we boarded the boat. There were a lot of people. The boat was huge and even carried cars. People went on too. There was an upstairs, an up upstairs, an inside, and an outside. I was on the bottom but then my Mimi and Poppy took me to the second floor. It was fun but very crowded, so we went back downstairs. When we got back, we were almost there. It was a pretty quick trip.

Finally, we got off. Peak's Island is a small but pretty island. There were stands, swimming events, and ice cream. But my favorite part was the beach. If you sit down you will see millions of pieces of sea glass. We like to collect sea glass. Our favorite kinds of sea glass are purple, blue, yellow, and red. Those are the most rare. You hardly ever find them on the regular beach. But at that beach, we found a lot. I was the only one who found purple. We spent a little while there. Everyone kept shouting out if they found a special piece.

When we got home from Peak's Island, we counted our sea glass and put them into piles by color. We all found about the same amount. Even though I didn't get the most, I still had fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance