Home

 

To me home is a place to shelter you. I don´t know how I would live with no home. Here is a poem about what home means to me!

To me a home is a place you spend your day,
where you make memories and play and play,
where the people you love are right beside you,
to help with emotions and even guide you.

To me a home is a place you stay,
but if it is burnt or blown away,
I guess I would not know what to say,
I would be sad if I lost my home and I bet you would be too,
so make the times with your family happy and a big ¨ Whoo Hoo!¨

If your home is a big mess,
do not get stressed,
clean it up and tell your kids,
we keep our home healthy and that will be the way is is. 

To me a home can provide,
anything you want inside,
water, soap, bags, you name it,
even if you do not have those things,
don´t be ashamed of anything,
just keep reminding yourself,
I have a home and I am not like anyone else!

To me a home does not have to be a big place, 
It could be small, tall, short, it´s really not a race,
a home could be any shape size or color[s],
as long as you're in a place with others,
and as long has you feel totally at home,
then you are most definitely at your HOME!

Make sure you always love your home!

Comments

  1. You’re on a poetry kick. I’ve been thinking g about gone too, especially since we’ve been cleaning it up! This last year had made me more appreciative for our sweet little house. I’m glad you ha e the same feelings. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feeling of love and knowing you belong in this slice! "a home could be any shape or size or color as long as your in a place with others" -- what a great line! So true, it's the people inside a house that make it a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This poem is amazing! I bet you could win a poetry contest like Damaris did in our read aloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Clark's 3rd Graders
    Sara - I really like that you are writing a lot of poems
    Matias - I like there was a little bit of rhyming
    Alex - Do you like reading poems?
    Oliver - I really like this phrase "To me a home does not have to be a big place,
    It could be small, tall, short, it´s really not a race"
    Jerenz - What kind of poems do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read poems it relaxes me. And I mostly like rhyming poems because it is so good to see what rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, Wren. Can I show it to My class for them to get some inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful poem, Wren. I have so much trouble with rhyming, but you make it seem so natural. I really like the line, "If your home is a big mess/ Do not get stressed." That's good advice in a time when we are having to spend so much time at home. It shouldn't be a place that makes us feel stressed.
    P.S. This is from Mr. von Euler who works with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked