Painting a clown

 Swish swish. I was painting with water color paints and I was making a flower. It looked kind of ugly so I started painting on another paper and I closed my eyes and pick a color and I pick White.

I think what can you make with white and mostly White. I decide to make a clown. I start with the head because it's the easiest part and it's kind of like the base. I make a circle in the middle of the paper and there's a little bit of orange in it so it looks kind of weird but it's fine.

Then I move on to the hair I did my paintbrush in the water and I get the red paint on the brush and paint curls moving upward. Then I do the same with the orange, yellow, green, blue, red and purple. It looks very very realistic.

Then I remember I have to do the face. I make what looks like creepy eyes on the face because it's dry then I choose black to make the insides of the eyes. Then I use the back of my paint brush to make the pupils. And the smile who is pretty it's just an open now now it was looking like a clown.

All that was left was the body. I was only making the chest because I didn't have enough room on my paper and it was pretty easy. I just had to make a collar with purple orange clown body and dots on all of it.

Then I realized a white background was not good so I paint it black around it all. Then I just remembered what I learned in an art class. We could Splash paint with the paint brush to make it look cool so I took some white and did that. I try to aim low so it wouldn't get on the clown but that method didn't work.

I just kept admiring it for a few minutes and telling myself that I had did a good job.

That day I learned you should come into something scared and come out confident!!!!!!

Comments

  1. This reminds me of the book A Beautiful Oops. Your mindset is something to be admired. I remember when you used to flip out when you messed up. Now, you’re making mistakes into something beautiful. What a great idea to write about one of your projects. We should add a picture here. Love you! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wren, I love how you began with “swish, swish” and how your brought the reader through all the steps of how you painted your clown and made your choices carefully. Ending with a lesson was a great way to pull everything together for the reader. I enjoyed reading your slice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Competition Ready

NOT TRUE