Going Down

 


     It was a pretty cold end of winter day, and it was a Saturday. Me and my family were going to the school playground to play. I was super exited because I never get to play on the green playground. 

     When we got there, my sister pulled me up the stairs, through the tunnel and onto the top. She ran over to the pole. I had never gone on it but had watched my younger sister Adi through the window at school. 

     When we were on the playground, I always tried to go down, but it looked so scary and high. I had always decided that it was a better choice to not waste my time standing on the top of a pole. Although it always looked fun.

     So back to the story. I watched as my sister slowly pulled off her gloves and firmly attached her hands to the pole. ¨ Watch!¨ She told me. 

     Although I did not want to watch, I still did. She picked up her legs and then slid down. And landed on her feet!!! How did she do that!?! And at that moment, I felt embarrassed that my 7 year old sister could do something that I should be able to do.

     She ran back up the stairs and up the tunnel until she was standing right next to me. ¨ Now you go.¨ She told me. 

     Oh, I felt nerves all over my body. She probably assumed that I could do it the same as she did. I nervously gripped my hands on the pole. ¨ Adi, is it scary?¨ I asked. 

     She didn´t answer, just tried to push me. 

     I slowly picked up one leg, and then, jumped. I closed my eyes. I could feel myself cutting through the air. The wind pounding on my legs. I loved it. Then I stopped. 

     Still with my eyes closed I jumped. I guess I was only halfway down because I fell on my bottom. It hurt and I had wood chips on my pants.  

     That day I learned something. NEVER LET YOUR YOUNGER SISTER TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!! 
 
  


Comments

  1. This felt brave to share a moment when you kind of looked up to your little sister. I wonder if you learned something more that day. You really stretched out this moment. I enjoyed reading! ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job describing your experience. I love that you shared the lesson you learned as your last line. You made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance