Last Day

 


     It was a cold November day and a sad one too. It was my last day in my old house. In a few hours, it would not be mine. It would belong to another family. Even though I liked my new house, I would miss my old house a lot. 

     We walked in the front door. It smelled sweet, almost as if it was covered in candy. My mom yelled, " Don't make a mess!" Although the house was empty, I don't see how we could. But, my sisters can always find a way to make a mess. 

     I walked slowly upstairs chewing on my chocolate bar. It was sweet but my heart was dull and it was sinking. When I got to the top of the stairs, I felt a tear fall down my cheek. I was sad, but tried to hold it into my eyes. 

     I walked to the end of the hallway and opened my bedroom door. It opened with a creak that screeched on my eardrum.

     When I stepped in, a tear fell down my cheek once again. Then another, then another, soon I was weeping. 

     My empty room looked nothing like it had before. I looked at where my bed was. Now an empty space next to an empty yellow wall. Then I looked at where at where my dresser used to be. Now an empty dirty marked up wall. 

     My crying stopped. I opened my closet and found a picture. It was me and my mom when I was little. 

     I heard footsteps and dropped the picture on the floor of my closet, and closed the door.

 It was my mom. " Are you ready." She asked. 

I shook my head and hugged her as she led me downstairs. Her and my dad were crying as well. My mom had an idea. She took out her phone and took this picture. 

I miss 50 Knollwood dr. I always will.

THE PICTURE


     

Comments

  1. This makes me weepy too. That was a sweet sweet house. I’m glad you wrote this so we will always remember. Love you! ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance