Not Feeling Well

 


     I fluttered open my eyes. I then remembered that I had slept over at my Mimi´s house the night before and were still there. It was a Tuesday morning so we had to get ready for school. 

     I took a deep breath in. That was when I noticed it. My throat was sore. It felt like I had swallowed a bee and it was continuously singing my throat. That meant it felt bad. And I didn't think that I would even be able to stand up.

     When I did surprisingly stand up I knocked a tissue off of the bed. I stared at my water on the nightstand beside me. I thought that I had to drink water and it would be okay.

     When I sipped the water and took another deep breath in I felt sorrow deep inside me. It didn't work and I had to tell a grown up. I wanted to wait until I knew that one of my grandparents were up so I can tell them.

      I was nervous. I really wanted to go to school, and if I didn't I would miss a whole school day. And on Wednesdays I have dance class so it would be horrible to miss a day of school.

     Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairwell. Then I heard my Mimi's voice in my sister's room. I knew that she was up here and I had an opportunity to tell her about my throat.

    I stepped out of my bed and open the door with a creek. I slowly walked down the hall as the floorboards creaked as I stepped foot in the bunk bed room where my sister was sleeping. I was right,she was up here making my sister's bed.

       ´´ Mimi, I don't feel good.´´I said.

     "Go see pop, he's on the phone with Mom. ¨ she answered me.

    I walk down the stairs that also creaked. I now realize that my Mimi's house creaks a lot. I open the door at the bottom of the stairs where the dogs greeted me with their jumps, and scratching, and all that stuff.

  ¨ pop, can I talk to Mom.´´ I asked him as he nodded his head.

  I told her everything. About my throat about my stuffy nose and how last night I was coughing a lot. I thought it was from coughing and my muscles in my throat are sore. She told me to check my temperature and I did. I didn't have a fever so she told me to eat once mean you got downstairs and to call her after.

  Then I felt something. Like a jolt and I felt like laying down. I lay down on the floor. It felt good but then .. I took a deep breath in and it hurt even more. And I couldn't swallow either. I didn't know how I was going to eat.

I ended up not eating. And I went to school and got sent home with a fever even though I took my temperature like a million times. And the funny part was that I didn't have a fever when I came back home!!!

[ It was not funny, AT ALL! ]

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you were sick. Your description of your sore throat feeling like you had a bee stingng you was really good. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance