RUSH

 

¨ Come on.¨ My pop says from outside the dance studio window. 

¨ I have to go. ¨ I tell my dance teacher. 

I rush to the bathroom and take off my dance costume and change into my soccer clothes. I slip on my pink sweatshirt and wash my hands.

The water was cold so I pressed the other button. It warms up. I press the button to get the soap out of the dispenser. I rub and rinse. 

My pop is waiting for me at the door. I hand him the costume to put into the bag that it came in while I rushed into the studio to get my water bottle. When I have all of my soccer and dance stuff, I follow my pop into the lobby. 

We walk toward the exit door. On the other side of the glass doors, there are girls with high buns and leotards and tights. I open the door for my pop and he passes it to the next girl.

When we make it out the door, I slip on my shoe so that it is actually connected to my foot. I held my pop´s hand as we crossed the street together.  

We get into the car and my pop rides away when I am not buckled. I snap my seat belt on so that I am strapped into my seat. 

I open my soccer bag and take off my socks. I roll up my pants so I can put on my shin guards and my cleats. 

6:03 the clock reads. ¨ We will be ten minutes late. ¨ Pop says. 

I nod my head. 

After a few minutes we are there. And to think we rushed to play soccer in the freezing cold!!   

     

Comments

  1. I can feel the fast pace of this transition between dance and soccer. Your last line made me smile... go you for putting up with the cold for your team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance