Snow

 

Wow I am awake finally,

I wake up smiling

I cross my fingers and look out my window, 

And I am so surprised to see snow!

Snow glistening everywhere, 

I look and look for a spot that is bare,

I see no sign of grass or dirt

All I can see is white, the color of my shirt.

The trees are covered in snow,

The ground somehow seems to glow,

With every blink I see a new flake,

Now we will now not have to rake.

Snow is every child´s dream, 

Snow is much better than it may seem,

And if I ever see it again,

I will make a snow den!!!

Comments

  1. Your poem captures the joy of a snow day! Is it really snowing where you are? This should be spring break! I love the line about the "ground somehow seems to glow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment:
    You captured the essence of the feeling one has when they look out the window in anticipation of a snow day. I admired the way you used end rhyme. It really gave the poem a nice cadence.

    Isabelle says:
    When did the snow come?
    I also like to play in the snow. I like to make snow castles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance