NOT TRUE

 

     We can all agree that sometimes, social media is a lie. Let me tell you about one of these times. I
and my family were planning a trip to Boston, MA, for a long weekend. My dad was picking me up from my dance class and, for some reason, showed me a picture of an aquarium that we were going to visit. I was excited because it showed the walls as a tank with all types of creatures. The whole time we were in Boston, I was so excited to finally go to the aquarium. 

    When the day was finally here, I was so excited. When we showed the lady at the front door our tickets, we entered the aquarium. it was beautiful. There were fish, seals, penguins, and a massive tank in the center. But when I looked at the walls, they were just concrete. But there were a few more rooms, so I didn't lose hope. 

     When we went into the next room, there were sharks. They were fantastic, but it was not the picture. I kept the picture in my mind as we went into some of the other rooms. None of them had the tanks like the picture. Now I was starting to lose hope. 

     One room left, and this was my last chance. GIFT SHOP!!!!!! Really!!!!! I was not happy. My dad could see that, so he asked someone, " That's not a real aquarium." They said. 

     I was angry. It was NOT TRUE! Once we went to the hotel, then went home, I realized, it was funny. I was so excited about some fake image that I hardly noticed the beautiful creatures. The lesson I learned was not to trust the internet.  









Comments

  1. The internet is good for a lot of things, but not everything. You definitely created a post that I wanted to keep reading, and I was really hoping you'd find that mural even though I kind of knew that wasn't going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to read about your big take always from that trip. Also, so great that you can laugh about it now. That happens with a little time and space sometimes. Great writing. I could feel your frustration and this piece had a nice focus. ❤️ mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great, Wrenny! The tone and pace (not sure if those are even literary adjectives) brought me back to that disappointing day ☹️. Don’t place all the blame on the internet though. I did bad research. I should’ve looked closer and realize that the aquarium in the photo was somewhere in the Midwest 👎🏾

    Love you lots,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific writing piece.
    I love the room by room suspense and your take-away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked