Matilda

When we first started to have to stay home all the time, my mom brought home a copy of Matilda from her school library. We have been reading it for about three weeks. We usually read it before bed. A few days ago, when we got closer to the end of the book, my mom said, "When we're done, there is a movie." I kept asking my mom to read, even when it wasn't bedtime.

Today, I was sad in the afternoon. My mom said, "We could read Matilda." While we were reading, there were a couple of surprises that made me feel excited about reading the next chapter. I wanted to keep reading because I couldn't wait to what those surprises did to the characters. I also couldn't wait to find out what happened at the end because usually at the end of books there are surprises.

Tonight at dinner, my mom read the last two chapters. We thought about what kind of people the characters were. We all agreed that Matilda's parents were selfish and mean.

I feel like Matilda is my new favorite book. 

Matilda. | Roald dahl, Roald dahl books, Matilda roald dahl

Comments

  1. I love Matilda too, such a good story! You will love the movie. You have to let Uncle Weethne and I know how you like the movie. What book are you going to read next?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance