Vacation Writing

Today Spring Break starts...but my mom said we still have to read and write and do math every day since she still has to work. So today, I looked at a Google Classroom from her school and watched a lesson from second grade. They were starting a Realistic Fiction writing unit, so I started a realistic fiction story.

Here is what I wrote so far...

Chapter One: The Dog Park

Ally and Sid are brother and sister. (I just added that part in...my mom mentioned that she was wondering how Ally and Sid were related.) They have a dog named Max. One sunny day Ally and Sid said, "It's a great day to bring Max to the dog park."

Max is a greyhound puppy and he loves puppy treats. When he heard dog park, his ears popped up.

When they got to the dog park, lots of other dogs were playing. Ally and Sid saw their friends Rebecca and Jack. They left Max playing with some other dogs. While they were talking, Max ran off into the woods.



That's all I have for now. I'll add more when I write it...tomorrow...on my vacation.

Comments

  1. Hi, Wren! I was reading your mom's blog and learned about yours. I read several of your posts and came back to this one because I LOVE realistic fiction! My favorite detail here is when Max "heard dog park, his ears popped up." That is exactly what dogs do and it lets me know he has been to the park before and likes it. I can see those ears popping up in my mind. But: Now I am worried about Max - where did he run to? Will he be okay? Who will find him? How are Ally and Sid feeling about this? I hope you will keep writing this story - and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read more of your story, I am worried about Max! When I was in California, my roommate and I had a dog named Max. He also loved going to play with other dogs. I am sure he ran off a time or two, but luckily we got him back every-time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance