SUN

 


The sun is a beautiful sight,

The sun never sees what you or I might, 

watching over us each and every day, 

The sun fills us with happiness when it stays.

It fills me up when I open my eyes and waking up from sleep, 

It fills me up when I am eating breakfast, when it sends a lot of heat.

It fills me up on my way to school each day, 

It fills me up when I walk through the door and makes me want to shout, ¨Hooray¨

It fills me up when I´m feeling glum and don´t know the answer to math,

It fills me up by making the world brighter on every sort of path. 


BUT.......

Sometimes the sun is not there, 

The clouds hide it everywhere, 

There is no place that you or I can see it, 

But, don't you fret, 

It doesn't stay there forever, 



You will see it in other weather.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of sunshine filling us up. ❤️ mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Wren! You are an amazing writer! My favorite line: "It fills me up by making the world brighter on every sort of path. " You make the world brighter for everyone! Miss you lots! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sun too. I love the way you talk about how it fills you up. This poem makes me smile. I love the beginning where you think about what the sun sees. I wonder what a whole poem from the sun's point of view might sound like. Keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poem Wren. I like how you repeated "It fills me up" because the sun really does all of those things. I also like how you gave the sun characteristics that humans can do, like seeing and watching. I live in Indiana and it is rainy and cloud here today, but thanks to you my day got brighter because I am not fretting! I know the clouds won't stay there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great poem Wren! I love the Sun as well! Next time I’m home we could rap this together! Haha! -Uncle Whit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feeling I get when I read the end of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a warm poem! Like you, I do love the sun! There's nothing like the bright star in the sky to, like you said, fill me up! I was honestly surprised by the BUT and the ending. I was so into the happy thoughts of the sun, I forgot about the clouds! Thanks for sharing, Wren!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ms. Hamulak, Miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance