LICE

  It was a sunny day in early fall and me, my sisters, and my parents were in the front yard. Me and my sisters were coloring on a blanket while my parents cleaned out the garage. When Rose woke up from her nap, she came to snuggle on my mom's lap. While my mom was snuggling Rose, she checked her head because she had been scratching. She called to my dad and he checked Rose's head too. Then my mom called over my other sister, Adi. I can tell it's bad because I can see my mom making faces and she kept checking their heads. Then she called me over. I was a little bit scared.

My mom wouldn't let any of us in the house. She began calling places to see if we could find someone to help.

Finally, she told us all to get in the car. We drove a few minutes away to a store. "Do we have lice?" I asked her. 

"I think your sisters do and you might," she said.

We all got out and walked into the store. The store was like a salon. There were salon chairs and each one had a tv in front of it. Everything was covered in plastic. There were two ladies that worked there. There weren't any other costumers. "What can I help you with?" one of the ladies asked.

My mom said, "I think all three of my daughters have lice."

The lady told us to hop in some chairs and they got to work. We had to undo our hair. The ladies took out some weird looking tools and started picking our hair. They could definitely tell Rose and Adi had lice-they could see the eggs in their hair. They also found an egg in my hair. That's when I got worried.

They started one by one, taking out each egg in our hair. I was getting kind of bored because the only thing on the TV was Mickey Mouse. It took a long time and it hurt a little bit. Then they started brushing our hair and putting all kinds of different creams in it. 

My poor dad has no hair. But he did ask them to check him. He was lice free. He was upset because it was Sunday and he was missing football. At one point, my mom sent him to vacuum out the car and put some scented spray in everyone's car seat. 

A few hours had passed and the ladies were still working on our heads. Another lady had even come to help. Rose and I got to take a little break. Adi didn't want to take a break, she just wanted to get the whole thing over with.

Finally, four hours later, we had sticky hair and we could go home. The only good part was about that was I got a pretty bun in my hair. We couldn't wash our hair until the morning and we also had to come back a few days later to get checked again.

That day, they said we were completely OK, but we had to go home and wash EVERYTHING! 

Now, whenever my mom checks my head, I get a little nervous. Luckily, now we use a smelly spray in our hair all the time. 

I never want to get lice again.


Comments

  1. Oh yikes. We sure learned a lot from that unforgettable moment...or hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance