Cracked TV


The day started out great. I was watching a new movie with my sisters, The Adams Family it was called and it started out great. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it in the morning because I had virtual school. I was like halfway through and even though I love school I did not want to stop watching. 

I had a break after reading so I decided to watch some more TV to see what happened. I was so exited so I grabbed the remote and almost pressed the red on button. Something told that even though my sister said she did not like it I should ask her to come because I had a feeling that the rest would be good. She came and I pressed the button and screamed!!!

 I could not believe my eyes, half the screen was cracked!!! I could tell because half was black with lines all over it. At this time my dad was working from home and he came over and asked me what the matter was. I almost didn't tell him because I didn't want him to think I did it even though I knew I did not crack the TV.

 But I did say¨ Come see the TV.¨  

My sister just laughed the whole time I screamed and dad came, I did not know why she laughed. There was nothing funny about this. When Dad saw I could tell by the look of his face he was MAD. 

All he said was ¨ What is this! ¨ 

I said That I was upstairs the whole entire time and when I turned it on It was like that. He believed me because when I lie I laugh because my excuses are horrible. He called all of us to sit on the couch and listen to what he was about to say. 

He said ¨ This happened and I want whoever did this to talk, NOW!!!¨ 

I did not move and neither did anyone else. My dad pulled out his phone and shot a clear picture of the cracked TV. I saw him send it to mom. I got worried because I knew that he would never let it go. And on top of it all we had just gotten it not even a year ago!!! We all didn't move for the next 5 minutes and in those 5 minutes dad got even more mad. I went because I lied and said that my break was over and I ran because I just started to laugh as soon as got there . I heard my dad continuing to yell at my sisters and they did not talk. I was so glad I had gotten out of there.

 For more than a month we watched TV on I pads and computers because my parents did not trust us. But soon enough my dad bought a new TV, but we were still not allowed to use it.    
[ That rule didn't last too long! ]   Eventually we were allowed to use the TV and it was not as great as the last one, but it was not that bad. So I finished The Adams Family and I did not hate it but it was not that good either. Now we do not touch the TV or throw anything at it. We never did find out who cracked the TV but now we don't  really care because now we have a TV and we love it!

Comments

  1. Wren, so happy to see you writing again. You’re writing has really grown since last April. It was funny to read this memory, even if it wasn’t funny when it happened. Love you. -Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance