Hiking

 

It was a breezy summer day and it was also my birthday. I was going to be eight! I was so exited because we were going hiking with my friends. I was going with my mom´s friends kids and we were going to have so much fun. 

When we got there everyone was waiting for us and we got out our scooters. You might be thinking scooters? Well yeah we were allowed to use scooters and bikes on the path which was really fun because my scooter was super fast. 

First we walked toward a bunch of cages with birds in them. There were owls and peacocks, I think there was a turkey and a few other birds.  They were really cool and my friend Quinn told us all about them because she was here before us and she already saw all the birds.

Then we all went on our bikes and scooters and we rode through a little house. Then we passed a few trees and stopped for the parents. We knew that we would be a lot faster than the grown ups because we had wheels! 

Soon I saw a bridge and backed up my scooter. 

¨ Look guys, A bridge! Can we go mom?¨ I said.

We were going. I took a big breath and moved my foot a few times and went up the bridge and came down and back on the path. To me it sounded a little like thunder which was weird because it was supposed to rain that day. We all went back to the top and went again until the moms caught up.

We went for a little while and started noticing a pattern. A lot of trees had signs that said the type of trees they were. One said Maple, another said pine, there were also oak and a lot more.

Then we were headed for a cool curve. Then one kid saw a path that led to the same place. 

¨ Can we go please.¨ One of my friends said.

They said we could go if we took the little kids with us. My mom took my scooter and me and Quinn took the little kids hands and walked. It was not so much a path it was like a piece of wood that we could walk on. We had to balance with the little kids and we got to the end where our moms were waiting. 

We rode back to where we came and by accident , I slipped. I only scraped my knee.

When we came back we had french doughnuts and french muffins. They were so good. Soon after they gave me my present. It was a box with art supplies and a card with all of their names on them. 

¨ Thank you!¨ I said.

I will never forget that day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance