Not That Bird

 

It was a sunny morning and it was Summer. I woke up happy and ready to play with my sisters.

Just then I heard something. It was not a human or a dog, it was a bird and it was really loud, so loud that I could not hear any of my sisters yelling and fighting.

I could hear it saying Tweet, Tweet, Tweet. But this bird was singing really high and it was starting to become really annoying, mostly because it was just repeating the same thing.  

So I decided if it was tweeting at me I would tweet back. I whistled the same thing it was humming over and over. Then I got a sip of water because I had just waken up and I needed some fresh water. [ I had it next to my bed. ]

So I got up to see if I could see the bird out of my window. It sounded close so I thought I might be able to see it. I pulled up the shade and looked out each side. Nothing, I expected a big bird but I couldn't see anything. 

So I went downstairs and asked my mom if she could see a bird, she said no. 

No one had seen the bird, The mystery will stay a secret!!!

Comments

  1. I've had a similar experience. Birds can be so loud and very difficult to see, especially if they are high in a tree. I love how you ended your slice, "The mystery will stay a secret." My student Rylee has been slicing during spring break and I didn't know it. She's a third grader, too. Her posts are here: https://kidblog.org/class/gt-allstars/posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time spotting noisy birds, too. It's almost like they can hide from you while they are singing to you. It was a great idea to try to sing back. I might try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance