The Jump


It was a partly sunny day and we were at my mom's friend´s pool. Her name is Elena  and we had been going to her house a few times that Summer. This time I was a bit nervous because that day I was going to jump farther into the pool. 

I walked to the edge of the pool, trying not to burn my toes. I bent my knees and then stopped. I was too scared to even spring up.

¨I am going to come down to the pool from the stairs, to see how deep it is.¨ I said to Elena.

It was not that deep, but it was pretty deep. I also practiced swimming from there so if I were to drown I would be able to swim out.

I ran back up. I could feel the nerves crawling inside of my body. I almost said that I was not going to jump but then I felt ready to do the jump.

So I curled my toes around the rough edge and bent my knees and sprang up, then I splashed down and swam to the stairs. Then I took a big breath!

¨That was so much fun, again, again. I yelled.¨

I felt so energetic! My mom and sisters were so happy that I had jumped so far. 

Now I will never be afraid to jump from anywhere in a pool, no matter how far or deep. 

Oh, and I jumped 7 more times!!!

Comments

  1. I remember that day clearly and you wrote about it just as I remembered. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good details. I could picture your toes curling around the edge of the pool. You have such a good memory for small details. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this piece Wren! You told it bit by bit and made me feel like I was right there with you at the pool! I will be following your Slices of Life all month long!!!😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance