The Plant

 

Two years ago when I was in first grade it was almost mothers day. I was at the YMCA and everyone was so exited because we were painting pots. 

¨ Everyone get a pot. ¨ The teacher told us.

We all got a pot and the teachers passed out paint. One of the teachers had drew flowers on the post so we could paint them in. 

When I looked at the brush it was pretty big so it would be hard to paint inside the lines.  When it was getting out of the lines so much I decided to just make it so it was supposed to go outside of the lines.

I also used the back of the brush to make dots. It looked so pretty to me. Then I even painted the top and wrote mom on the to and I loved it. 

Everyone had so much fun and the teachers said ¨ Those all look beautiful! ¨

Now me and my mom love to water it and take care of it. She puts it in the kitchen so she can look at it when she cooks and bakes. And it just keeps on blooming!

Comments

  1. I love that you wrote about this. I love that little plant and am amazed how it keeps growing. The type of plant in that pot is an annual...it’s only supposed to live for a season. Yet, ours is almost three years old. It feels special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments from Ms. Clark's 3rd Graders:
    Ms Clark - It sounds like you put a lot of love into your project for Mother's Day.
    Sara - I like how you explained how you decorated the pots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how an object can bring about a memory and it leads to writing and emotion! You capture the image of painting the pot beautifully -- my favorite moment is when you decide to color out of the lines and make it your own!! My other favorite part is the ending where you bring the love you and your mom share for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance