The Shirt

 

I have a really cool shirt that says biggest sister. I love it because it reminds me of when I met my littlest sister Rosie.

Here is how the story goes! It was a breezy spring day and I was four years old! I got to miss preschool for a  special occasion! I was at my Mimi´s house and I was so exited because I was going to meet my baby sister! We had been staying at my Mimi´s for 2 nights while mom and dad  were at the hospital.

My pop brought us to the hospital and we were so exited because I already had a sister but baby's are so cute. We were wearing shirts, mine said biggest sister and Adi´s said big sister. When we got there I asked pop, ¨ What room is Rosie in?¨ He did not answer, I guess he did not hear.We walked into a shop? 

¨ We are getting the baby and mommy a present.¨ He told us. 

We walked toward a aisle marked baby. We saw hats blankets cloths, but then we saw it. It was a pink teddy bear with cute eyes. ¨ That one!¨ I told my sister pointing at the bear. 

¨ Now something for Mom.¨ Pop said. 

We walked to a aisle marked Mother. We looked and looked. I looked at the scarves and asked pop ¨ How about a scarf.¨ I asked. He let Adi pick one. She picked a pink one with white hearts. 

Then we walked to an elevator. I was glad there were no escalators because I do not like them. We went up and up and up. Then it stopped. We held onto pops hand and walked into a room. My mom and dad were so happy to see us. 

I wondered where Rose was. Suddenly I saw her in a box. She was so cute. Dad cot her and mom told us that we could hold her. I was so exited. Adi was scared to get on the bed because it was vibrating! Eventually she got on. Mom told us to sit on the bed and she put her in our arms. she was so cute.

We gave her our presents and we left soon after. 

I will never forget that day, and I am 8 and the shirt still fits! [ Mostly because it was too big when I was four. ]

Comments

  1. What a super sweet story! The way you wrote it made me feel like I was there with you. I could feel your excitement about holding your new sister. No wonder you will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your attention to details because it felt like as if I were there with you. "It was a breezy spring day" made me feel the wind against my skin. Your baby sister is obviously precious for you. How nice that you can still fit into the special T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance