BUTTERCREAM!

 


     It was a sunny day outside. My uncle was visiting from Wisconsin and it was his last day here. We were baking a cake and we were almost done. All we had to do was make the buttercream. We knew that it would not taste the best because we did not have vanilla and I suggested vanilla extract but "NO!

     We had poured all of the dry ingredients into the small mixing bowl. I was holding the hand mixer so I had to mix. I thought that the bowl was too tiny but I decided not to say it and, see what happened. 

     I guess it was my fault for what happened next. Lets just say that it was a mess. I had mixed and a LOT of powered sugar flew out of the bowl. 

     I would have to way that more powdered sugar was out of the bowl than the amount in. And a lot went into my mouth, nose, eyes, and ears, almost every opening on my face. 

     And I could not slow it down because it was at the slowest that it could go to. So I did what every 9 year old would do, turn off the mixer. 

     Uncle Weethne poured in a few other things like butter, heavy cream, and other things. 

     I waited until he was done pouring them in to the bowl before I restarted the mixer. I closed my eyes thinking that the wet ingredients would not stop the dry ingredients from flying out. I was so wrong. Not one more ingredient flew out. I was proud of myself. 

     In the end, it was bitter but tasted OK with all of the cake, and marshmallow, and graham crackers, and chocolate. It was the best, s´mores cake ever....and I got to do it all with my uncle!!!     

Comments

  1. I loved reading this Wren!! Even now, I nervous mixing my dry ingredients into the stand mixer... I always think it is going explode everywhere! How long did it take you clean it up? I wish I could have tried the cake, it looks SO yummy.
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m surprised the mess this cake caused wasn’t a bigger part of the story…or how much time it took to make! It was all worth it in the end. Next time, I think you need to go easier on poor Uncle Weethne. He was a good sport! ❤️mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun time looking back on it! That was really my first time baking and your confidence made me feel comfortable! Thanks Wren! Let’s start thinking about our next baking adventure! -Uncle Whit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special moment with your uncle. I'm sure their was a lot of laughing that went on when powder went flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to try it! Sounds like your family was in the baking zone yesterday! Love how you described how the mixer made everything fly out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance