Finally

 It had been a dull week. My teacher hasn't been in school for four days and everyone missed him. Every day, we hoped that he'd be back, but he wasn't. Our sub, Ms. G, was nice. But she is not Stillway. 

It was Friday and we hadn't seen Mr. Stillway all week. When I was getting ready for school, I kept hoping he was going to be back. When I got to school and walked into the building, I hoped he would be there. My fingers were crossed, hoping he would finally be there.

I opened the wooden doors as I walked into the hallway. I found the Sponge Bob banner marking our classroom. I quickly walked into the room, fingers still crossed, hoping more than ever that he would be there. I couldn't survive a whole week without him. 

I couldn't believe my eyes. My PE teacher was sitting at Mr. Stillway's desk. I know that the specials teachers sometimes sub when the teachers are at meetings, but I still didn't know if Mr. Stillway was there or not. I slowly walked up to Mr. T. "Is Mr. Stillway here," I asked hoping the answer would be yes. 

"He's here. I'm just subbing for him for a meeting," Mr. T said. I was upset. Even thought my teacher was there, I had to wait for a while to see him. My heart stopped pacing. I walked to my desk feeling glum. I was really hoping to come into the classroom and see my teacher sitting at his desk, acting all normal. I guessed that was going to have to wait. 

I did my morning work and every time I heard footsteps, I looked to the door. I wondered what it was like for him, coming back after being out sick for four days and having to start the day with a meeting. Then a student came by that I sometimes help in the morning. I grabbed my computer and went over to help her. Preston, the person who takes the lunch account to the office came back into the classroom saying, "Mr. Stillway is coming. Mr. Stillway is coming." Everyone started laughing excitedly.

Soon the hallway doors opened. I looked towards them. Out came a tall man, holding a clipboard and a Dunkin Donuts water bottle. It was Mr. Stillway...finally. My heart was beating faster than a drum. I looked over my shoulder to be absolutely sure it was Mr. Stillway. Of course it was. How could I confuse Mr. Stillway with someone else...I've known him all year.

He smiled as he stepped into our classroom. He smiled at me before he was fully inside. I could tell that he missed us. 

Mr. T left the room, waving goodbye as Mr. Stillway took his spot back at his desk. 



Comments

  1. Teachers are special people. You’re so lucky to have so many great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should share this with Mr. Stillway. I can tell you love having him as your teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance