First Day

 

     
It was a scary day. It was my first day at my new school. I was nervous. I do not know why, but I was. I missed my old school and missed my old house. Even though I had done this 3 other times, I was most nervous this time. 

 When we were done dropping my sister at her door, my parents walked me to my door. I squeezed them nervously. Then I stepped off to my new school. 

¨ Good morning.¨ I greeted the teacher at the door. 

She nodded at me as I stepped into the door. I was confused. This was not the way we entered at the tour so I did not know how to get to my classroom. 

Luckily for me there was a teacher at the bottom of the stairs to help me. She was pointing to a bunch of kids so I waited my turn. When it was my turn, I asked, ¨ Where is Mr. Stillway´s class?¨ 

¨ Up there.¨ She told me as she pointed up the stars. 

She was not much help. I knew it was upstairs, But not the exact classroom. All that I remembered was that there was a sponge bob flag hanging above the classroom door. 

I searched for the flag but I had now been at the end of the hallway and had not seen sponge bob. So I decided to look for a grown up. I saw 2 grown ups. I knew one was Ms. Thomas because she used to teach at my old school. And there was a flag above the door that said, ¨ Ms. Thomas¨ 

I was going to tell her, but she went back into her classroom. So I decided to tell the man at the door. He had brown/black twists in his hair. ¨ Excuse me,¨ I started, ¨ Can you show me where Mr. Stillway´s class is please?¨ 

¨ Oh honey, your classroom is way back there. ¨ He said. His voice was nice and calm. 

He led me to my classroom. There was a tall man at the door. 

¨ You must be Wren,¨ He started, ¨ Mr. Veteri told me all about you, he knows your dad. ¨ I nodded. 

Then he signaled me to go inside. ¨ This is Wren. She is new here. She used to be at, Second Hill Lane?¨ He said/questioned. I nodded my head. ¨ Your desk is over here. ¨ He said as he led me over to my desk. 

I was in between two boys, That I were soon to find out were Logan and Aiden. 

Everyone was starring at me. It felt Awkward. But, it turned out to be one of the best days ever. Along with all of the fourth grade days after!!!

Comments

  1. I was so nervous too. I was happy when that day was behind us and you and Adi were more settled at your new school. I’m glad you decided to write this one. ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firsts can be so exciting AND also a bit scary. I'm glad everyone was nice and that you have settled in now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you stretched out this small moment. My heart was pounding for you. I'm glad you're loving 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance