MY DAD THE COOKER

 My dad likes to cook, 

always in the kitchen, 

not really into a book. 


On holidays we host, 

my dad cooks the most, 

with all his heart, 

a couple of farts, 

but I love him. 


Sometimes I just sit and watch, 

it's fun to see him, 

fun to watch him, 

fun to know him. 


When the cooking is done, 

we can have fun, 

pile our food high on our plates, 

Dad takes long so we wait. 


He is here, 

we have no fear, 

time to eat, 

have a seat. 


My dad is the best at cooking, 

not the best at looking,

eating his food, 

puts me in a good mood, 

my dad, the cooker. 



Comments

  1. You’re in a rhyming kick. Have you ever tried a non rhyming poem? We can try together. I just shared this with dad. I think he will enjoy it. Especially the farting part. 🤣 ❤️mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️

    Love this, Wrenny! Thanks! I appreciate all of it, especially the fart reference, because we all fart and should embrace that. As long as we fart like ladies and gentlemen, it’s all good. I love you, Wrenny!

    ❤️,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ¨ Farm ¨

Locked

Dance